SUMMER 2012 - Part I

Many exciting things are about to happen this coming summer. Next week I will reunite with my old time friend from Argentina, alto saxophonist Ramiro Flores, who's visiting and performing in Europe for a few weeks. We will play a couple of trio gigs, June 15 in Verona and the following day in Padova. Ramiro and I met in New York about 10 years ago taking part in a project playing Argentinian pop music. A very fun time of my life.

The following week I will play with the acclaimed double saxophone quartet NESSO G featuring Michele Polga, Francesco Bigoni and Danilo Gallo (June 22 at Sile Jazz Festival) while the next day I will replicate with my ORCHESTRA playing in the ancient castle of Padova. This will be a historic event since the castle has never been open to the public before. For the past century it served as a prison and remained abandoned in the last few years. I feel very honored to have been chosen for its very first opening. The Orchestra will perform my own original compositions arranged and conducted by Michele Corcella and it sounds something like this:





The last week of June I will be touring for a week straight with my brother Andrea Lombardini, the excellence in worldwide electric bass, and young brazilian trumpet sensation Gileno Santana. Look in the shows page for details. We will also spend a couple of days in the studio. Definitely looking forward to this! On July 7 my brand new project ASTRAL TRAVEL (my tribute to Spiritual Jazz) featuring Alessia Obino (voice), Paolo Corsini (rhodes/synths) and Marco Privato (bass) will be featured in the "Bugs Festival" at Roots Club in Verona hosted by DJ Volcov and we'll be opening for Dego (formerly of 4Hero). July will also see the coming out of the long awaited Upperground Orchestra vynil release "The Eupen Takes" on Morphine Records distributed by Rush Hour. Click on photo to see the preview.


At the end of the month I'll be recording in multi-instrumentalist Piero Bittolo Bon's new album for Long Song Records. The album will be featuring guitarist Simone Massaron and Peter Evans, trumpet player of Mostly Other People Do The Killing. Last but not least my coop project THE MINUS ONE with Michael Blake and Stefano Senni will be on the road again July 27 (Pordenone), August 10 (Pisa) and August 16 (Como). One other thing: my site www.tommasocappellato.com will soon have a great new look thanks to the great web designer Nicola Negri, so check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment